Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Monday 5 April 2010

Write a story with the title: “Remarkable coincidence.”

Topic: Write a story with the title: “Remarkable coincidence.”

Outline:
1. Describe the correspondence between your pen-pal and you.
2. Explain why you arranged to meet your pen-pal
3. Describe how you did not keep the appointment.
4. Describe how your sister happened to wear your dress and happened to be at the place where you arranged to meet your pen-pal.
5. Describe how, as a result of the coincidence, your sister and your pen-pal became.



I was glad that my sister had hit it off so well with Jenny. They claim that I did them a great favor, because if it were not for my inconsideration, they would probably not have met!

Jenny was initially my pen-pal from Sweden. We had been corresponding regularly for quite a few months. As time went by, I realized that we were very different. Jenny enjoyed reading novels and watching operas while I preferred sports.

One day, Jenny sent me a photo of herself. In that letter, she told me that she would be spending her vacation in Singapore. I was flustered. I neither wanted to meet Jenny nor spent time with her. When she called me upon arriving, I felt at a loss. Apprehensive about hurting her, I agreed to meet her. We arranged to meet outside the National Library at four o’clock in the afternoon. I told her that I would be wearing a white dress with green lace so that she could identify me easily.

As the time drew nearer, however, I decided not to meet Jenny. Instead I went to a show with some of my classmates. When I got home, my sister told me about the remarkable coincidence that had taken place that day. She had gone to the National Library to return a book. As she was waiting outside for a cab at about four o’clock, a pretty girl went up to her and introduced herself to my sister calling her by my name. My sister knew that I had a pen-pal by the name she called herself, and she quickly pieced the puzzle. They had dinner together and found that they had many common interests. They were both amused that my sister had happened to wear the white dress with the green lace on that day.

My sister invited Jenny to our house the next day. When she came, I apologized to her for what I had done, and told that my sister would make her a better friend than I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment