Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Monday 12 April 2010

Describe how you like living in a multiracial society.

Topic: Describe how you like living in a multiracial society.

Outline:
1. Describe how you feel proud of your nationality
2. Describe how your family gets along with your neighbors of different races.
3. Describe how you join in festivals of other races.
4. Briefly conclude that you think it is interesting living in a multi-racial society


I consider myself fortunate to be born in Singapore. Though the people are of diverse back-grounds, cultures and religions, they live in harmony. It makes me proud to be a Singaporean.

Our neighbors are of all races. When they visit us, they would bring their children along and we would have a gag time together. There may be quarrels between us, but they are little quarrels and they have nothing to do with our races.

From my Malay and Indian neighbors, I have leant a lot about their cultures and religions. On their festive occasions, I am always invited to join in their celebrations. Recently, I had a good feast at the home of a Malay neighbor on Hari Raya Puasa. Similarly, my home is open to all during our Vietnamese festivals.

In school too, I get to mingle with students from every race and religion. We learn to understand our different ways of thinking and our different backgrounds. It is fun to learn one another’s different habits and religious practices. It also helps me to be more sensitive to other people’s habits and practices.

My parents have always encouraged us to learn the languages of our neighbors. Fortunately, I have a talent for this. I have picked up enough Malay and Tamil to converse with my friends of those two races.

I sincerely believe that it is more interesting to live in a multi-racial society than in one where there is only one predominant race, as is the case in many other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment