Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Monday 5 April 2010

Narrate how you developed an interest in a particular subject.

Topic: Narrate how you developed an interest in a particular subject.

Outline:
1. Explain why you used to hate Geography.
2. Describe how your private tutor stimulated your interest in the subject by using visual aids, taking you on field trips, etc.
3. Describe your progress in the study of the subject and your gratitude to her.


I used to hate Geography and detest my teacher, Mrs. Thuy Lan. Often, I was unfairly punished for not being able to answer some difficult questions while Hue, Mrs. Thuy Lan’s favorite, was not even reprimanded for the same mistakes.

My parents noticed my lack of interest in the subject and my low grades and hired a private tutor to help me. Miss Quynh Tram, the tutor, was patient, kind and genuinely interested in helping me. Unable to keep my problems to myself, I confided in Miss Quynh Tram. She sympathized with me and promised to do her best with me.

She stimulated my interest in Geography by employing various interesting methods of instruction. She used visual aids like pictures, slides and video programs. She even took me on several field trips. She also collected and meticulously labeled souvenirs like pebbles and jars of sand, which are relevant to the subject. In addition, she encouraged me to take up stamp-collecting as a hobby. This made me take a keen interest in other countries and gradually I developed a great interest in Geography.

Miss Quynh Tram’s help did not stop there. She advised me to ignore Mrs. Thuy Lan’s favoritism towards Hue. She told me that if I knew my work well, Mrs. Thuy Lan would have nothing to complain about me. In the mid-year examination, I startled Mrs. Thuy Lan and the other students by obtaining the highest marks for Geography in my class. With this sudden excellent performance, Mrs. Thuy Lan treated me differently. I slowly became her pet. However, I was not deceived by her shallow partiality.

I shall always remember how Miss Quynh Tram’s encourage me to develop an interest in Geography.

No comments:

Post a Comment