Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Thursday 22 April 2010

Describe your hobbies

Topic: Describe your hobbies

Outline:
1. Name the difference hobbies you have.
2. Describe each in detail.
3. Describe how each hobby gives you joy.


Being an extrovert, my interests are many and varied. Recently, I have become determined to be one hundred percent fit. As a result of this, I have seriously started jogging and swimming. I enjoy jogging at McRitchie Reservoir. It gives me a sense of freedom and achievement.

To break the monotony of jogging, I have taken up swimming as well. I am taking lessons from a coach in the public pool near my flat. I enjoy this sport very much. The coach is pleased with my progress and has signed me on for a life-saver’s course. Another of my hobbies is rearranging the furniture in my house, especially in my bedroom. I like to change the position of my bed, wardrobe and study table. My parents get exasperated with me about these changes, but I find that these changes help me examine things in different perspectives. Besides, I also enjoy the freshness of the new appreciatively.

Yet another of my pastimes is to compose music which I would then play on the piano. I feel proud whenever I hear my own compositions being played by my brother or sister. Last month, I even played one of my pieces at my school concert. It made me feel like Mozart when the audience applauded loudly.

All these hobbies have taught me a lot of things. I can’t imagine life without any hobbies. To me, a person’s hobbies determine the kind of person he or she is. A person without any hobbies would, in my opinion, be a very dull person.

No comments:

Post a Comment