Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Describe an incident you want to remember.

Describe an incident you want to remember.

Outline:
1. Describe what the incident was about – your sister’s marriage.
2. Describe the decorations in the church and the marriage ceremony.
3. Describe how all of you celebrated the occasion.
4. Explain why this is an incident you want to remember.

My sister’s wedding came after four years of courtship and a whole year of preparation. This occasion was the biggest event in my family so far.

When my sister announced her engagement, none of us were surprised. In face, all of us were delighted. Each family member had responsibilities to fulfill for the wedding. There was the church and the reception hall to be booked, invitation cards to be printed and sent out, a guest list to be prepared and countless other things to be done. The enthusiasm with which we went about doing our various tasks touched my sister. We were all determined to make this event a truly memorable one.

On that special day, the church was decorated with flowers and we thought it looked like paradise. The bridal bouquets were specially made. A group of my sister’s friends sang some lovely hymns before the ceremony started. The church ceremony was simple, yet beautiful.

The reception at the Omni Hotel followed the church ceremony. My sister looked the picture of beauty and her husband was handsome in his tuxedo as they welcomed their guests. The three-tiered cake was cut and thereafter, dinner was served. It was a ten-course Chinese dinner which everyone enjoyed.

When dinner was over, my brother, a disc jockey, took over the entertainment for the rest of the evening. Disco lights flashed and loud music blared. The older guests retreated to an adjoining room for peace and quiet, leaving the hall for us youngsters to dance the night away.

My sister’s wedding is indeed an occasion which I will always cherish. I want to remember always the look of pride on my parents’ faces and the bond the family felt during that occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment