Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Thursday 15 April 2010

The first night you stayed away from home

Topic: Describe the first night you stayed away from home.

Outline:
1. Describe why you had to stay the night away from home.
2. Describe the place you went to.
3. Describe what you did that night.
4. Describe how you felt about staying away from home.

It took me long time before I could muster enough courage to ask Father for permission to go on a camping trip. So far, I had never spent a night away from home. Imagine my surprise and delight when Father actually consented.

The camp was a two-day affair for all the new counselors in my school. We started off by taking a ferry to Can Tho. Upon our arrival, we pitched the tents and set up the cooking area in the campsite. I joined in the many activities and games which were a lot of fun. As daylight disappeared, we prepared the evening meal. Luncheon meat and vegetables were fried over the little bonfire we had built.

The island was pitch-blank at night; the only source of light was our fire. We had a beautiful view of a starlit sky. The leaves of the trees were rustling gently and the cool breeze brushed softly against my checks. I felt happy.

Someone had brought a guitar along and we sang songs as we sat around the fire. Some of us even got up and did a folk dance. We laughed and joked till late into the night. However, we were up again before dawn to watch the sun rise.

We spent the next day exploring the island. There were a number of villages, a rubber plantation and some interesting old ruins in the area. When I returned home, I collapsed on my bed and had a good sleep. Though I felt worn out, I had enjoyed that first night away home tremendously. It was an extremely pleasant experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment