Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Monday 5 April 2010

Write about a terrifying dream that you had

Topic: Write about a terrifying dream that you had

Outline:
1. Describe how you watched a horror movie before you slept.
2. Describe how you met an old woman and a baby in your dream.
3. Describe how you offered to carry the baby for the woman.
4. Describe how you noticed that the baby was growing and how it began like an old man.
5. Describe how you woke up and how you resolved never to watch horror movies at night again.


I had just come home after watching the movie “Nightmare, Part IV” with my friends. Little did I know that I was going to have the most terrifying night-mare of my own that night. I was walking down a deserted lane. Dark clouds were hanging in the sky and soon, I felt raindrops on my cheeks. I opened my umbrella to protect myself from the rain. Lightning flashed brightly and in the light I saw a woman wrapped in a cloak approaching me. She seemed to be in a great hurry. When she came up to me, I found, to my horror, that she was an extremely old woman. In her arms was a baby boy. He looked chubby and sweet.

The old woman begged me to shelter them both under my umbrella until we got to the bus stop. I agreed and as we walked, the woman complained that her baby was getting heavier and heavier. I looked at the baby and was surprised to find that he seemed to have grown.

I offered to carry the baby for the old woman. She handed me the baby and then to my surprise, she ran away. As I ran after her with the baby, my arms began to feel stiffer and stiffer. I looked down and was horrified to find that the baby seemed even larger than before. He no longer looked angelic. His face had become thin and he began to age. Even as I looked, he grew and grew.

Somehow, I knew that it was a dream. However, the terrifying part was, that I could not wake up from this nightmare. I froze at the though of what the “baby” would do to me when he was fully grown.

I finally dropped the “baby” and ran for my life. Behind me, I could hear the wailing of the “baby”. The sound was a mixture of a baby’s cries and an old man’s crackle. I risked a glimpse and almost died of fright. The monster was crawling after me like a baby but its face was wrinkled. The combination was so hideous that I was jolted out of my dream.

I sat up on my bed, shuddering to think of the grotesque monster in my dream. I resolved never to watch horror movies at night again.


Read more:
@ Only the government of a country can do anything about the environmental problem today.
* How do you think you have matured for the last five years?
* Describe an incident you want to remember.
* What do you treasure most in your life?
* Describe how you would renovate your home
* Describe a period when you were hospitalized.
* Describe your perfect holiday
* Describe a person whom you like
* Describe what you think your life will be in another two decades
* Describe how you like living in a multiracial society.
* Describe an accident where you were an eye-witness.
* Describe an interesting house you have visited.
* Describe your extra-curricular activities.
* You were in the organizing committee for the school funfair – Describe the experience.
* What is the exam fever all about?
* Describe a perfect world
* Narrate an embarrassing incident in your life
* Write a story with title “A spoilt child”
* Write a story with title “A true friend”
* Write a story with the title “My unlucky day”
* Write a story with the title: “Remarkable coincide...

No comments:

Post a Comment