Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Thursday 22 April 2010

If I were presented with a thousand dollars…

Topic: “If I were presented with a thousand dollars…”

Outline:
1. Describe what you would like to buy if you had a thousand dollars.
2. Describe what you would actually do with the money.

Many a time my parents have bought lottery tickets, but no riches have ever come our way. We were lower-class family and extra cash would always be very useful to us. If I were presented with a thousand-dollar check to ensure its authenticity. Then, I would sit back and think about what I would do with the windfall.

Many thoughts will race through my mind, I am sure. I have always wanted a bicycle so that I could cycle with my friends around the city. A new stereo set to replace the squeaky mini-compo that we have at home would be great too. I would also like to spend part of the money on trendy clothes to attract the pretty girls in my neighbor-hood… the list goes on. Human beings are never satisfied with what they have and I am no different.

However, if I were to indulge in all these material things, I am sure I would be filled with guilt and perhaps get a severe ticking off from Dad. My parents have often told us how costly it is to raise three teenaged children, in addition to paying the usual household bills as well as the loan installments for apartment. Being a filial son, I would probably give the check to my parents to show my gratitude for what they have done for all of us. I would be sure that the money would be put to good use. This gesture of love and gratitude would definitely make me feel good. However, I would, of course, hope that they would let me have a little of the money to splurge on my whims and fancies.

Until such luck does come my way, I can only imagine the fun I would have while going on a wild shopping spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment