Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Thursday 15 April 2010

How do you think you have matured for the last five years?

Topic: How do you think you have matured for the last five years?

Outline:
1. Describe briefly your physical changes and how they have helped to make you more confident.
2. Describe how you have learnt to control your temper and to get rid of jealousy.
3. Describe how your very assessment of yourself is a reflection of your growth in maturity.

I still remember the time when I was just a short, skinny little boy in Nha Trang. I was nervous and awkward in class and impossible at home. Looking at what I am today, I wonder at the changes in myself over the last five years.

Physically, I have grown much taller. From being the shortest boy in class, I am now one of the tallest! This physical growth has boosted my confidence in myself.

One important change in my character is that I have learnt to control my temper. When I was younger, I used to throw tantrums every time I was wronged or did not have my way. I could never explain anything calmly. My parents often became exasperated with me because of this. Over the last five years, however, I have learned that losing my temper does not help, especially in a situation where I am misunderstood. It only makes things worse. I am now more prone to discussing or reasoning out a problem patiently than flying into a rage and upsetting myself and everyone else around me.

Another area in which I have matured in the last five years is that I have learnt not to be jealous. I used to get jealous easily. I got jealous when my parents praised my brother. I became jealous of my friends when they got higher marks for their tests than I did. At one time, I was even jealous of my dog when I thought that it was getting more attention than I was from my parents. In these last few years, I have realized my own folly. Why should I feel jealous if my friends get better results than I do? It’s not going to affect my own results. I too can get good grades if I try. I have learned the secret of sharing my job with my friends and sharing my friends’ joy. It makes achievement much sweeter.

I am not a perfect person now, nor will I ever be. However, I realize that the way in which I am assessing myself is a reflection of my growing maturity. I am learning to be a better person with each passing day. I believe that this should be very person’s aim-to-try to better oneself. I hope that in five years’ time, I can look back at myself and say that I have become an even better person than I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment