Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Tuesday 27 April 2010

A frightful experience

Topic: Write a short story on the topic “A frightful experience”

It was almost twelve at night. I was returning home from a late film show. There were no buses, so I had to walk all the way home.

As I was feeling rather tired, I decided to take a short cut through back alley. As I approached the back alley, I noticed that it was dark and still. Nobody seemed to be around.

I hesitated for a moment, wondering whether I should take it. I thought of taking the longer but well-lit route, but my tired legs said no. Taking a deep breath, I plunged into the alley. I walked very fast, glancing nervously all around me.

Just as I reached the darkest part of the alley, someone suddenly grabbed me from behind. A rough hand was clapped over my mouth and my arms were pinned to my sides. I struggled violently but I could not break loose.

“Don’t struggle or we’ll kill you!” a harsh voice growled into my ear. I kept still. A hand went through my pockets swiftly. My wallet was taken, ad my watch snatched off my wrist.

The next minute, I was pushed roughly to the ground. As I lay there, gasping for breath, I heard the footsteps of the robbers thudding away.

I was badly shaken with fright. My heart was beating wildly and my whole body was trembling. Slowly, I got up and dragged myself home. Even since that night, I vowed never to take that short cut again.

1 comment: