Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Monday 5 April 2010

Write a story with the title: “Mad man at large”

Topic: Write a story with the title: “Mad man at large”

Outline:
1. Describe where you encountered the mad man and what he looked like.
2. Describe how the mad man shouted and how the passengers on the bus reacted.
3. Describe how the mad man tried to attack one of the passengers.
4. Describe how the mad man was disarmed and how he was taken to the police-station.
5. Describe your feelings toward the mad man.



I was on a bus to school for a choir practice. As I look at the passengers boarding the bus at a bus stop, I noticed a tall and thin man in dirty clothes. His hair was unkempt and he looked as if he had not had a bath in a long time.

The man took a seat behind me. I felt uncomfortable as he had an unpleasant odor about him. However, I did not move away as it would have seemed rude to do so. Then, I heard him murmuring to himself. The voice became louder and I could distinguish the words, “filial son” and “visit me.”

Suddenly, he shouted, “My son is very filial. He does not visit me because he’s too busy. So I’m going to visit him.” Pairs of eyes turned towards the man. Some passengers even exclaimed, “Why, he’s mad! Look at his eyes!” I looked at his eyes and saw that they were wild-looking. They were slightly bloodshot and they darted from one person to another in a frightening way.

“Don’t take me away from my son,” he shouted. “He’s filial. He did not beat me. I hurt my self when I fell down.”

All of a sudden, he took a small knife from pocket and brandished it in air.

“I’ll kill all the unfilial sons in this world,” he screamed and pounced on one of the passengers.

By now, the bus was in a state of chaos. Most of the passengers had run towards the driver, who was driving at top speed, to the nearest police-station. Two hefty men stepped forward and, after a struggle, managed to disarm the mad man. However, they sustained minor cuts on their arms in the process. When the mad man found his knife taken away, he fell back on a seat and cried loudly.

The bus finally reached the police-station. The mad man, still crying, was taken away. I could not help feeling sorry for him. I suspect that the son had not been filial, and that the father was in that terrible mental state because he was heartbroken as a result of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment