Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Saturday 24 April 2010

Describe buying a gift for your close friend.

Topic: Describe how you went about buying a gift for your close friend.

Outline:
1. Describe what your friend already has and does not need
2. Describe how much you were willing to spend on the gift.
3. Describe what you finally decided on and why you chose it.

My closest of friends, Thuy Dung, recently celebrated her fourteenth birthday. We have been good friends since we were in Primary One. We are so close that many people think we are sisters. My family even says that I have begun to look like Thuy Dung.

I wanted to buy Thuy Dung a special birthday present, something that would not be redundant to her and something that would show her how much she means to me. It was not easy to decide what to buy for her. Thuy Dung comes from a rich family. She lives in a beautiful house in one of the most exclusive residential areas in Saigon. Her wardrobe is filled with all kinds of designer wear that her mother buys her during her travels abroad. She has unusual earrings, lovely bags and all the material comforts that she needs.

I did not mind spending a little extra money to make the gift special. However, I did not intend to buy just any expensive thing I saw.

I finally hit upon an ingenious idea. I borrowed my father’s camera and asked my sister to take some close-up pictures of Thuy Dung and me. Then, I chose the one where we looked most natural together – the one in which we were laughing and teasing each other. I had it developed in black and white. Then, I bought a beautiful wooden frame for the big photograph. I signed “With love, Thanh Ha” at the right hand bottom corner of the photograph.

Thuy Dung was thrilled to receive my present. She hugged me and said that it was the nicest birthday gift she had ever received.

No comments:

Post a Comment