Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Wednesday 14 April 2010

What do you treasure most in your life?

Topic: What do you treasure most in your life?

Outline:
1. Describe the people whom you treasure – your family.
2. Explain why you treasure your family.
3. Describe other things which you treasure in life.

There are a few people who are very precious to me. If I were to lose any of them, I would be devastated.

My family is very precious to me. My parents have always been warm, kind and caring. Their love for me endures even if I disappoint them or do something wrong. They are always ready to encourage and advise me. I try to please them and am very proud when they are leased with me. Their opinions matter very much to me.

My two brothers and my sister are also important to me. Although we do have disagreements and have very little in common, there is an invisible bond that binds the four of us together. If something were to happen to any of them, I would indeed be very sad.

Once, when my mother was hospitalized, I was really miserable. She looked so weak with the drips attached to her wrists and the over-sized oxygen mask. I was terribly afraid of losing her and I knew it was a possibility. We are not immortal. The whole family cried as we watched our beloved mother suffer. Fortunately, she and all of us pulled through that ordeal. She has now returned to her normal healthy self.

This incident taught me to treasure life itself. Then, something else happened to impress more deeply that realization. One Friday evening, while I was walking home after school on the pavement of a busy street, a car went out of control and came directly into my path! I saw it coming and creaked fast by jumping into the big drain next to the pavement. I escaped death by inches and only suffered a broken leg. In those seconds, I saw my life flash by. The shock made me realize how precious life is. Without life, I will not be able to enjoy all the things I take for granted like eating an ice-cream, watching the sun set and feeling the cool breeze against my cheeks.

Indeed, there is nothing that I treasure now more than my family and life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment