Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Friday 23 April 2010

Describe a deed that made you feel regretful or sorry

Topic: Describe a deed that made you feel regretful or sorry

Outline:
1. Describe in detail the thing you did which made you feel regretful, e.g. you played truant.
2. Describe how your teachers and parents found out about your wrong doing.
3. Describe how you were punished and how you turned over a new leaf.

I always believe that feeling regretful is a waste of time. there was once when I did something wrong and I regretted it deeply. However, once I realized my mistake, I wasted no more time on regretful feelings.

It was this friend of mine, Dora, who led me astray. she used to have a ridiculous influence over me. One day, she read an advertisement in the papers about some vacancies for sale assistants at a local boutique. However, this job would take us away from school twice a week. It occurred to me that this was wrong. Nevertheless, I went along with her. With Dora's help, I composed letters of excuse and forged my parents' signatures to show my teachers. Some other days, we would acquire medical certificates from an old doctor in our neighborhood.

This had carried on for a month until our form teacher was suspicious. We had been absent from school too often and at the same time. She called our parents one day and discovered that we had been playing truant.

When I reached home that day, my parents confronted me, demanding to know where I had been. The enormity of my wrongdoing dawned upon me - I had forged my parents' signatures and deliberately deceived my parents and teachers. Pleaded for forgiveness and promised to turn over a new leaf.

At school, in meting punishment, my principal took into consideration that it was the first time I had broken a school rule. He only made me stay back after school for a month to do extra work to make up for the lessons I had missed. As for Dora, her parents removed her from the school. The last I heard of her, she was working.

I regretted what I did tremendously. I have resolved never to do something wrong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment