Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Sunday 25 April 2010

Describe a traumatic period in your life

Topic: Describe a traumatic period in your life

Outline:
1. Describe how your life used to be before the traumatic experience.
2. Describe how your parents kept quarrelling and how your mother finally left your family.
3. Describe how you went through that unhappy period in your life.
4. Describe the effects of that traumatic experience.

When I was very young, I had a happy family life. My parents often took my sister and me abroad for holidays, for picnics in the park and or meals in restaurants. Those were really wonderful times.

Unfortunately, my parents’ relationship soured four years ago for an undisclosed reason. Mother became tense and moody and she kept scolding us for no reason. Father hardly ever spoke to her. When they did talk, it ended up in a shouting match which upset both my sister and me very much. We loved them both very much and my sister and I spend many sleepless nights worrying about what was going to happen next.

One day, Father took my sister and me out for dinner and broke the most shocking news to us. “Mother has left us,” he said. I could not believe my ears. I kept asking Father for an explanation but he never told us. From then on, we never mentioned Mother. I missed her very much at first, but later felt angry with her. How could she forsake us?

One day, about three years later, we learnt that Mother had filed for a divorce and for custody of my sister and me. Father had promised never to leave us but after all that had happened. I was very scared doubtful. I could not bear the thought of leaving the security of my home or being separated from my father whom I had grown very close to. Father, who had visibly aged in the past three years, had been a really good parent, playing the role of both father and mother to us. On the day of the hearing, the three of us went to the Court together. There, both my sister and I told the kind-looking magistrate that we wanted to stay with Father. Custody was thus given to Father, and Mother was permitted to visit us during the weekends. She has never used her privilege and neither have we expected her to.

That period just after my parents split up was a very difficult time for all us. Till today, I still feel sore and insecure. I wonder if I will ever get over the effects of that ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment