Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Monday 26 April 2010

Describe an occasion when you were unfairly treated

Topic: Describe an occasion when you were unfairly treated

Outline:
1. Describe how you used to think that both boys and girls are always treated as equals.
2. Describe how you heard about the leadership training course and the criteria for selection.
3. Describe how you trained hard to be fit and how you felt confident of being selected.
4. Describe how you felt when you found out that the course was designed only for boys.
5. briefly conclude that you now realize the existence of sex discrimination.


As a young girl, I was given every opportunity to excel. If I was interested in a particular sport, the training was always available. My parents believed that girls are as good as boys any day. Therefore, though I had read about sex discrimination, I never thought it would be happen to me.

When I heard that the Youth Development Council was organizing a new leadership training course, I was very excited. The teacher-in-charge told us that the criteria for selection were pretty strict – a good extra-curricular record, excellent academic results and good physical fitness were required. As a consequence, I started training by jogging every day, doing hundreds of sit-ups and push ups and consuming a highly nutritional diet. With my fitness baked by excellent academic and extra-curricular records, I was certain that I would be selected. However, I was shocked to learn that the course was designed only for boys. I felt a deep sense of injustice.

I was so aghast at the unfairness of it all that I wrote a letter of complaint to the Youth Development Council. The reply came some months later, expressing their regret and informing me that they would organize a separate course for girls the following year. This hardly pacified me as I knew I would be too old to join the course then.

Since this incident, I have realized that there are times when girls are at a disadvantage.

1 comment:

  1. a very true situation which many times girls face...

    ReplyDelete