Welcome to English writing site!!!

Topics search engine

Sunday 11 April 2010

Describe your extra-curricular activities.

Topic: Describe your extra-curricular activities.

Outline:
1. Talk about the different kinds of extra-curricular activities you are involved in.
2. Describe your training in the National Police Corps.
3. Describe what you do in the choir.
4. Describe some of the achievements you have made in the activities.
5. Describe what your parents and you think of the importance of extra-curricular activities.

Going to a secondary school was a thrill. Not only was I introduced to an array of new academic subjects, there were also many extra-curricular activities which I could participate in. I submitted an application to join the National Police Corps. The selection week was a tense period. The joy that I felt when I was chosen is inexpressible.

I still remember the excitement of collecting our brand new uniforms and shoes from the Police Academy. Even more, there was the pride in our hearts as we marched in the parade grounds with starched uniforms and polished shoes. Weekly, we assembled for drill practice, rifle-shooting and theory classes. The comradeship in my unit is remarkable. This spirit has won us the reputation of being the best unit in the school’s history.

Camping during the school holidays is a regular activity of the cadets. Pitching our own tents, cooking from tin cans and hiking in the jungle infested with mosquitoes are parts of the learning process. These camps, lacking in all basic amenities, are always exhausting. However, I carry fond memories of staying up the whole night chatting away with my pals.

Besides being the National Police Corps cadet, I have also joined the school choir. Our teacher-in-charge, Miss Won, is a demanding conductor. Under her guidance, our school choir has won recognition in many singing competitions and festivals. Our rendition of catchy old American hits, our attractive costumes and choreography were well received during our performance at various ASEAN countries through the cultural-exchange programs planned by them.

I look forward to my weekly extra-curricular activities. My parents, unfortunately, think that I should be spending more time on my studies instead. I totally disagree with this view. I feel that extra-curricular activities encourage the growth of an individual and that they should not be placed secondary to academic subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment